Playground Wear Mats
Wear mats help to provide stability and longevity for surfaces when placed under swings, slide exits, and other play components where landing, dragging of feet, or other movement will cause surfacing to be displaced. Available in Medium and Heavy Duty, Wear Mats are comprised of 85% recycled rubber, 15% EPDM rubber, and a polyurethane bonding agent. They can be placed on top of or just below the surface and will reduce maintenance time and cost in areas where they are used.
- Preserves critical safety surfacing in high use areas to ensure continued compliance
- Prevents rutting on loose fill surfaces under swings and at slide beds due to repetitive use
- Helps maintain unitary surfaces in heavy traffic areas where tears and holes can occur
- Simple, cost effective way to prevent expensive maintenance services
- Easily installed for a quicker solution to uneven surfaces
- Protects loose fill surfacing resulting in a safer and more inclusive playground environment
Additional Product Information
Wear Mats provide protection and help keep critical safety surfacing in place and in good condition to ensure continued compliance. In high use areas like under swings, engineered wood fiber (EWF) surfacing can get kicked away resulting in deep ruts that don’t provide the required cushioning properties. These ruts also make the surfacing non-compliant for ADA wheelchair accessibility. With poured in place and other unitary surfaces, heavy traffic can cause tears and worn areas. Wear Mats prevent these common surfacing issues and are simple and cost effective. The result is a safer and more inclusive playground environment.