Playground Bonded Rubber
Bonded Rubber is an alternative to traditional poured rubber surfaces. It provides the same highly accessible one-piece surface but utilizes larger pieces than poured rubber. It is poured onsite in a single layer system, achieving a natural appearance for your outdoor facility. It is porous, drains well, and dries quickly.
Additional Product Information
Bonded Rubber is available in fifteen natural colors, including eight color blends, and seven solid colors. The rubber particle is similar to our loose-fill rubber, so it cannot be used to create inlaid graphic designs. It is often found on trails and in some landscaping applications. Some colors resemble wood fiber or natural materials, but since the material is bonded together, it doesn’t require the same upkeep and maintenance. It will not blow away, or migrate outside the play area.
- Rubber is 100% recycled
- Larger particles provide the natural look of loose fill surfacing without the disadvantages of displacement
- Its single layer may offer a lower cost and quicker install
- UV and moisture resistant
- Comprised of a precise combination of 100% wire free, clean recycled rubber, a polyurethane binder, and a pigmented colorant
- The binder is a 100% Single Component MDI based Polyurethane binding agent.
- Installed and troweled by hand to provide a resilient, seamless appearance
Playground Bonded Rubber is a seamless surface that mimics engineered wood fiber but is easier to maintain. It consists of shredded recycled rubber tires, a polyurethane binder, and organic pigmented color, coated with an environmentally friendly sealant. Bonded Rubber can provide a lower cost option than other seamless surfaces because it doesn't take as much time to install. It does not absorb water, and will not freeze. It's a great option for paths, walkways and playgrounds.